Thursday, March 5, 2015

Wooden Boxes

A few weeks back i started to build a warehouse out of balsa wood, and in a warehouse you will neeed some boxes to make the warehouses look right.

I now you can buy small MDF boxes from Sally 4th, but they cost 3£ for 4 of them and thats is a little to expensive for me...

Soo i desided to make my own from balsa wood and some lavando vallejo wash.


 
 
 
This boxes didnt cost me anything for a did have all the material at home :)
 
Hope this can be some help for you if you want to make your own boxes.
 
 
Best Regrads
 
Hobby worker.
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Very cool! You are absolutely right on a warehouse needing boxes- interesting idea to not paint the, but to rather just ink them, I will have to try it with some of the balsa I have lying around too. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice additions, boxes are always useful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boxes are always handy to have around for cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very nice and a lot cheaper than buying them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can never have too many boxes. Good job dude. A great tip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice, simple and clean... good job. I might steal the idea off you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff, just the type of price I like paying for my scenic sctter terrian too.
    Nice idea just to wash them too, makes the build that much quicker. You could of course add some small paper labels to some for a bit of variety. (maybe the odd 'Fragile' notice or 'This way up' as well)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look great! Should serve your characters well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are really well done, and look excellent! I'm going to have to give this a try. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking great. Boxes are real nice. Together with some containers you quickly get a scenery. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete